Green climate walls and their advantages
The establishment of green walls has become more and more popular in the cities. Thus, green walls enable a greener townscape, are architecturally beautiful and create green urban space where horizontal planting is not possible.
In addition to the aesthetic advantages of facilitating planting on facades, this new type of green wall has the advantages of:
- Reducing sound and noise (absorption of sound)
- Reducing particulate pollution
- LAR - Local Diversion of Rain
- Enabling green recreational and social urban spaces in places where horizontal planting is not possible
- Facilitating local cooling
- Insulating the building
- The possibility of raising the energy class of the building
- Enabling shielding effects of the building
Thereby this new type of green wall solves issues that are usually challenged by lack of space.